Sunday 29 January 2012

A Journey Begins...

Hi Everyone! 
Welcome to my personal blog of coupons, ways to save money and just life! I’m really excited to start up a blog! I’ve started my savings rampage late last year when I decided I was going to save up for my first home. I’ve always used coupons sparingly whenever I went shopping and it was convenient. Oh boy, how I’ve underestimated the power of coupons in Canada! 
I recently started documenting my savings via photos for my records and was just curious what I could get for FREE or at least dirt cheap! I don’t take pictures of every item I saved on but the ones that I was particularly proud of. It felt like a game and I loved the thrill of the chase. If company’s wanted to give out coupons and stores had sales, what was I to do but to take advantage of that great deal and score some new stuff for my family. Who doesn’t need things like toothbrushes, cleaning supplies, and food? And if I could score them for FREE, then why the hell not? It’s all about strategic planning and knowing how to play the game. 
Delving deeper into the world of couponing, I was surprised to noticed that those who needed to learn how to coupon the most were not even aware of it. I’m talking about many of my friends who have craploads of student debt, struggling single parents, or people who just can’t make ends meat. Growing up in Jane-Finch, with a single mother who cared for 3 kids and her mother. I saw first hand the struggle and importance of having money. I’m not saying money is everything but it does help a lot! It may not make you happy but it sure is nice when you don’t have to worry about where your next meal is coming from or if you can keep that roof over your children’s heads. 
Couponing may not be for everyone but I hope to shed some light on the advantages of it. I’m not going to lie, there are some times when I’m at the check out embarrassed of my binder of coupons and getting strange looks from the cashier and the guy behind me. But, you know what? I’m walking out of there with some freebies and a bunch of savings on the rest of my purchases. In the end, I don’t care what they think about me cause I’m not the sucker paying full price for everything. 


Feel free to email me at ErosAndPookie@gmail.com

Speak soon!

Eros And Pookie


No comments:

Post a Comment