Sunday 4 March 2012

"What Do You Mean You Don't Price Match THIS week?"

Hi Everyone,

For months and months, I've been price matching no problem at both No Frills and Walmart. So, this week's grocery trip I had an option to go to Dufferin mall, which had both stores or just No Frills downtown. I opted for No Frills thinking it was late, closer to us at the time and I could just price match everything I wanted any ways. Boy, was I in for a rude awakening! I had picked up a bunch of items that were to be PM'd and started checking out at the cash. It was almost 10pm and there were only a few customers in the store. The cashier and her associate told me they don't ever price match. I politely told them that I had been price matching all the time at No Frills and have done it previously at this particular location. They called one of the higher ups and she told me they "don't price match THIS week." Something about the big sale that week or something and that's why they don't do it. Funny thing is, on all their flyers, in their stores and even on their shopping carts it tells customers "if you find a lower price they'll beat it". Very contradicting if you ask me! Already exhausted from the day and not feeling so well, I didn't protest and returned all the items that weren't on sale at No Frills out of my cart and went on my merry way.

The next day I called No Frills' customer support line to find out what the deal was with their PM-ing policy. The customer service representative told me it's on a store by store basis and they can change it weekly whenever the manager felt like it. I asked her if I was able to find out somehow online or something when they wanted to PM or not. She suggested I call them every week to see if they were PM-ing that week. I told her that was a hassle for me and thanked her for her time and told her that I will be going to Walmart more often now. Some customer service! There really should be universal policies for all stores under that brand.

The thing is, I wasn't price matching things that were insanely cheap this week as the sales were pretty mediocre. All I wanted really was some PC whole chicken, some veggies and fruits, and in particular an olive oil bottle that was $5 cheaper at Walmart. I had a couple of coupons so check out wasn't a hassle for them. To tell you the truth I was pretty ticked off. Oh well, like I always say "you win some, and you lose some."

On other news, I did happen to pop by Shoppers this week for an awesome Sunday/Monday deal.

On sale for $7.99 and I had a $5 off coupon, making this $2.99. Surprisingly, I had several of these coupons but only picked up one to try it out. 













No comments:

Post a Comment