Friday 12 October 2012

My Little Pinterest Birthday Present!

Hi Everyone,

I'll be posting about the coupons deals soon! But first, I wanted to share a little gift I made Winton for his birthday this week! I wanted something sentimental and handmade, cause I love making stuff! It's just so cool and fun!

I custom made a birthday card with a really cool phrase I found online on stumbleupon. I saw a tutorial on pinterest one day about how to make really cool fonts and designs with letters. I'm not a very good artist but I tried! I also noticed that having the right supplies really would of helped! I wish I had a set of micron pens!


The gift itself was a series of photos with Winton and each of his friends and their favourite memory of him written on the back. Sort of like a postcard, but they are put in individually numbered envelopes to give them a random/surprise factor. I liked the fact that he wouldn't know who the next "letter" was from! He just loves surprises!


 I had to given up on rotating the coloured felt cause I had an influx of photos and memories last minute.



 I went all over looking for old school envelopes with those blue and red boarders and luckily found some in Chinatown. I printed out giant numbers and traced them onto felt and cut them out. I really liked how they have a soft and popped out effect. I was going to tie all the envelopes together with string, like how in the olden days they would do that when you had several letters. I think I may have been watching too much Downton Abbey!



The final product! 

Winton really enjoyed this gift and I'd recommend it to anyone! He loved reading old memories of how his friends remembered them. He especially loved the fact that I had gotten in touch with people he doesn't often have a chance to see.

Till next time!

Eros and Pookie

No comments:

Post a Comment