Wednesday 24 October 2012

Shopping Trip October 22, 2012! Lessons learned...

Hi Fellow Couponers,

I had a very good shopping trip on Monday! Was able to pick up some essentials that would hold me over for a little while. The trip itself was good but some issues with the cashier that wasn't so great! I'll go over in detail below.

I also wanted to note I learned a very important lesson this week! I learned the importance of organizing and keeping your business files! Here's the situation, I finally got paid for a commercial gig I did three weeks ago. The cheque issued was less than half of what I was expecting. I looked everywhere for a copy of the contract I signed the day of the shoot. Usually, I'm pretty good and will toss it into my purple accordion business folder and sort out any issues from there. But I hate to admit, I've been slacking and after looking all over the condo, I found the contract folded up at the bottom in a small pocket inside my backpack. I was literally stressing for about 10-15 mins about where this paper could be, cursing at myself for being lazy and not filing it. I was not looking forward to the thought of having to dip into my emergency, yet again to pay my end of the month bills. I'd have to say that I'm so thankful and happy that I started an emergency fund! I've never had the need to tap into it until this very month when Eros needed an unexpected major spinal surgery. Even though the whole point of the fund is to hold me over in times of need, as soon as I saw it grow to a decent amount I felt the momentum and wanted to do everything in my power to keep it untouched. Especially, being self-employed I can't stress enough how important it is to have an emergency fund to keep you from starving and out on the streets. On the bright side, I'm unionized and the missing money will come. I just can't wait to get it so I can make my fund whole again and you bet your butt I'll be filing each new document!

Walmart
- Pineapple was pm'd for $1
- Natural deli meats were $3.97 each
- Crest Fluoride Rinse was pm'd $4.87 (where are those $1 off crest rinses when you need them!)
- Dempster's bread was $2 and we had a $1 off coupon 
- Various Classico pasta sauces were all $2 a piece. This was an amazing deal! Regularly I've seen them from anywhere from high $3 something to $5 a jar! I'm really excited to wash out these jars and use them for some pinterest crafts.
- Kraft crunchy peanut butter 1kg jar was pm'd $3.88. Pb has definitely gone way up this year, regularly it was priced for $6.77! That's $7 for pb! Insane!
- Honey Bunches of Oats were on sale for $2.44 each. I also had a $1 coupon, making them only $1.44 each. I've tried some and their pretty good!
- Stagg chili was pm'd for $1.88. I love chili and this can usually goes on sale for about $2, but $1.88 was a good deal and we have no more canned foods in our house.
- Iogo yougurt was $2.67 and I had a 75 cents coupon
- Royal Gala apples were pm'd for 97 cents a pound

Another issue I had this week was being overcharged for something that was price matched. When I cash out, I tell the cashier ahead of time that I have coupons and price matching items to do which are all located at the end of my haul. She had scanned in a jar of peanut butter at $6.77, when I had price matched them for $3.88 each. Essentially, I was charged for 3 jars when I only bought 2. Luckily, I happen to be checking out the receipt as I was about to walk out the door. I'm pretty good at watching them as they go, making sure mistakes aren't made but this cashier kept making mistakes and throwing me off. She didn't know how to punch in my coupon discounts! Basically, I went back to the cashier who directed me to customer service and wasted another 10 mins trying to get back my dough. I try to make a habit of double checking receipts on the way out. Another lesson learned! Charges like this can easily be over looked and all the couponing and price matching would be for nothing if you just paid whatever and left.

Making a diaper tricycle part 2! Tricycle on a budget! Details soon...

Eros And Pookie

No comments:

Post a Comment